Sunday, November 23, 2008

Suckage - Canceling my trip to Blipfest 2008 and NYC

Boo fuckin' hooo, I'm gonna be regretting this decision all through 2009.

Blipfest is only 1 week away, but rather than blog about my excitement about the upcoming international chiptune music festival, I'm gonna have to say that I'm canceling my trip to NYC due to bad timing. Sucks, soooooo bad. I was really, REALLY looking forward to going to Blipfest and visiting the Big Apple, but because I'm committed to doing an upcoming art show in December here in Vancouver, I need all the time I can get to finish up the artwork which means skipping out on Blipfest (Dec 4-7).

No more Bubblyfish, no more Nullsleep, no more Bitshifter. No more Katz's Delicatessen, no more Kidrobot NYC, no more Flight Club. No more KCDC, no more Animazing, no more Upper Playground. For now at least.

There's so much that I wanted to see in NYC, that missing out on this trip has me kinda bummed, but whatever, there's always next year. Gah, why does Blipfest have to be in December? And why does this art show have to happen 5 days before xmas?!

Luckily, I can still get a refund on my ticket.

Getting in the way of my trip to Blipfest is the Artist Perspective, 'Seeing is Believing' group art show which is on Dec.20th. I'll be busy the weeks prior getting my shit together to display. If you're in Vancouver Dec 20th, definitely come and check it out. Cover is 10 bucks but it's not just art! There will be food, DJ's, Bands, and break dancing; The Sweatshop is a really cool venue, it's a skate shop! I'll be putting up some NEW custom toys, and paintings. It's gonna look awesome, and much bigger than the Third Store show. Other artists will be selling designer tees, jewelery, and photography.

It may not be Blipfest, but it's somethin!

Join the facebook event, and mark it on your calender. It's gonna be a party!

Venue: The Sweatshop 1945 E. Hastings St. Date: December 20, 2008. Doors open @ 7p Cover: $10

No comments: